Dealing with the storms of life
7 tips on dealing with the storms of life:
- Ditch the things that are holding you down (vs 18-19) – Sometimes we need to lighten the load. Get rid of sinful patterns.
- Don’t despair when there seems to be no way forward (vs 20-22) – Keep up your courage. Put your hope in Jesus. With Jesus there is always a way forward.
- Deal with the things which are of greatest importance (vs 23-26) –
- Deepen your relationship with Jesus, Paul’s priority was to trust Jesus.
- Depend on God’s promises of protection.
- Discern the way forward.
- Determine which relationships are important and strategic in the storm – Who are the most importalife?7
- Decide to maintain a healthy pattern of life (vs 33-34)
- Declare the goodness and greatness of in the midst of the storm (vs 35-41) – There is power in praise. There is power in praising God in any situation.
- Depend upon Jesus for total deliverance – “It IS finished” – Jesus HAS delivered us.
Remember that Jesus is in the boat with you.