Going for Glory – Positive Christian living
1 Peter 4:7-11
How should we live as Christian’s?
Jesus could come back at any time. This should spur us on and motivate us to live out our lives in a positive way. We are in the final furlongs.
To live positive Christian lives we should:
- Be alert (vs 7) – don’t be a sleepy Christian. Keep your mind renewed (Roman’s 12:2).
- Be sober (vs 7) – be self controlled.
- Pray (vs 7) – pray more effectively, more fervently (Psalm 37:5).
- Love deeply (vs 8) – deep love is the opposite to superficial love. Deep meaningful, expressive love for one another. Love each other is a command of Scripture. Agape – self sacrificial love.
- Offer hospitality (vs 9) – Hospitality without grumbling. How open is your home? Matthew 25:25.
- Use your gifts (vs 10) – Everyone has at least one spiritual gift. Are you using your gifts. Seek God for your gifts. Discover what they are and use them.
- Speak the Word of God (vs 11) – Dont just offer your own words or advice. Speak the words of God into the lives of others.
- Serve others (vs 10,11) – It’s not about us, but about serving others. Don’t do it in your own strength or for your own benefit. Do it all in God’s strength so Go is glorified.