Psalms – The Joy of Faith in God
This Psalm is made up of 3 parts:
- vs 1-3 – Total natural chaos. God is greater than natural disasters. We can trust in Him even when the world is in chaos.
- vs 4-7 – God’s holy city is under attack. God is greater than His enemies.
- vs 8-11 – World wars, evil, violence. God is greater than the warring world.
We can have faith in God’s victory. In 2021 we need to know the message of Psalm 46. God is greater than all that is happening in the world. We can have faith in Him. Our faith can be unshakable.
4 points from Psalm 46:
- God is our refuge (vs 1) – God is the place we can go to for safety and security. Other Psalms refer to the shadow of God’s wings (Psalms 17:8; 36:7; 57:1 & 63:7) and give an image of chicks hiding under their mothers wings. We are safe under the protection of God. As Christians we do not need to be insecure. How secure are you in your relationship with God? Our relationship with God needs to be an everyday relationship.
- God our Strength (vs 1) – We do not need to survive on our own. We have someone to turn to. We do not need to fear if we are walking through life with God.
- God is an ever present help in trouble (vs 1) – Emmanuel – God with us. He will never leave us or forsake us. These truths should increase our faith, trust and confidence in God. Our strength and security comes from God.
- Be still and know that I am God (vs 10) – “Be still” is a statement of God’s power over everything. God says He is in control. What is God telling you to BE STILL over today?