What clothes will you wear in 2022?
The Bible tells us it is important what clothes we wear in 2022. God’s designer clothes will transform our lives in 2022. The Lord wants to encourage us to love one another; be kind , compassionate and forgiving; to be more of a loving , supportive community of God’s people as we face all the uncertainties of 2022. Colossians 3:1-17 tells us to strip off our old clothes and to put on God’s designer clothes. God has designed these clothes for us. They are the clothes that Jesus wore. We are called to put on the same attitudes as Christ.
Verses 12-14 says:
- Clothe yourselves with compassion in 2022 – Compassion is a deep sensitivity to the needs of others. It is the opposite . of anger, rage, malice and slander. We are called to be moved with compassion and to identify with the needs and sorrows of others.
- Clothe yourselves with kindness in 2022 – Kindness is the outworking of compassion. People around us need our kindness. Kindness is one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit.
- Clothe yourselves with humility in 2022 – Humility means putting other first; foregoing our own rights and being those living sacrifices we are called to be. Humility is the opposite of selfishness, pride and arrogance.
- Clothe yourselves with gentleness in 2022 – Gentleness is controlled strength.
- Clothe yourselves with patience in 2022 – Patience is being prepared to wait graciously. Patience is the opposite of being pushy and demanding; the opposite of attention seeking and the opposite of resentment and anger.
- Clothe yourselves with forgiveness in 2022 – Let forgiveness flow from you.
- Clothe yourselves with love in 2022 – Love binds all these things together. Put on love over all these things.
Verses 15-17 says:
- Let peace rule in 2022 – The word ‘rule’ means to be an umpire, arbiter, judge in all matters. Let the peace of Christ settle your disputes and disagreements.
- Be thankful in 2022 – Go into 2022 positively. We are called to have an attitude of gratitude. Jesus calls us to be thankful people.
- Let God’s word dwell in you in 2022 – Let the Word of God soak into all of your life. Let it be absorbed into your life.
- Be 100% for Jesus in 2022 – Whatever you do in 2022, in word or deed, do it all in the name of Jesus. Do not compartmentalise your life into the spiritual or the secular. Do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus.