No matter what happens our safety is in the Lord
2 Timothy 3:1-5; Proverbs 18:10
We live in difficult times, but the Name of the Lord is a strong tower. Names are very important. The Name of the Lord is about who He is – His character and His attributes.
What is behind the Name of God?
- He is omniscient (Psalm 147:5) – His knowledge is unlimited. He knows everything – past, present and future.
- He is omnipotent (Matthew 19:26; Romans 1:20) – His power and authority are unlimited.
- He is omnipresent (Psalm 139:7-10) – He is always present everywhere and yet He is accessible.
- He is immutable (Malachi 3:6; Numbers 23:19) – He cannot and does not change.
- He is always truthful (Titus 1:2: 2 Timothy 2:13) – He cannot lie and is always faithful to what He has said He will do or be like.
There are many names for God. They all describe aspects of God’s character. Have you looked into the names of God? Which names are important to you? God wants to speak to you through His names.
A strong tower is an elevated central place of safety. It is high and inaccessible. It is a fortress containing a large supply of provisions. It gives us the advantage of being able to see our surroundings from a good perspective.
We need to take action and run in the right direction in order to take advantage of the strong tower the Lord offers us in His name. Running is an urgent action that targets a place of safety.
We have access to the strong tower if we are righteous, if we are born again. We are saved by grace, in God is forgiveness and we can run to Him. We are the righteousness of God in Christ. The gift of righteousness reigns in our lives in Christ.
Whatever your problem God is the ‘I am who I am’. We can come against any giant in our lives in the name of the Lord (1 Samuel 17:45).
We run into the strong tower of the Lord by praying, by reading His word, by spending time with Him.
Jesus bears the name of God, the name that is above all other names. Jesus is the very embodiment of the name of God (Philippians 2:9).