The Gospel of Luke: Jesus is for everyone – R U A fool?
What is Jesus saying in this passage:
- You are a fool if you are greedy or selfish – Jesus sees the greed motivations of the man asking Him to intervene.
- You are a fool if you focus on money and possessions – the farmer was already rich and wanted to stockpile even more. He was not thankful to God and made his own plans (vs 17). Are you always striving for more wealth and possessions. Do we always want more? Are you a fool or are you investing in the bank of heaven.
- You are a fool if you are not rich towards God – are you rich towards God in your worship, in your thanksgiving, in your service and the use of your talents, in your sharing of the Gospel, in your generosity, etc.
- You are a fool if you are consumed with worry and anxiety – Jesus said “Do not worry ….”. He was speaking into exactly what His listeners were worried about and telling them to seek God first in all things.
- You are NOT a fool if you are if you radically seek and trust God – none of us like giving up things and totally submitting to God. Jesus tells us here to reflect on God’s provision. God promises to give us His kingdom.