The Gospel of Luke – Jesus is for everyone: Palm Sunday – Jesus came
Why is Palm Sunday important? Why did Jesus enter Jerusalem on a donkey?
- Jesus came with a PLAN and a PURPOSE – No event in Jesus’ life was a coincidence. There was nothing accidental about Palm Sunday. It was the build up to the Passover and Jesus was claiming to be the Messiah, the King. He had walked all the way from Galilee and yet He chose to ride into Jerusalem on a donkey. It was intentional. Jesus was fulfilling the prophecy in Zechariah 9:9. Jesus has a plan and a purpose for each of our lives. We can rely on the promises of God. Have you discovered Jesus’ plan and purpose for your life? Are you relying on the promises of God?
- Jesus came as the KING – Jesus came into Jerusalem as a king. A king deserves honour, praise and obedience. Jesus came as the representative of God. We should be celebrating Jesus as King. Jesus is still King. If we believe that Jesus is the King then why do we keep quiet about it? How do you respond to Jesus the King today?
- Jesus came to bring God’s PEACE – The crowd were declaring prophetically that Jesus would bring peace between man and God. Jesus came to offer a peace treaty between us and God. Sin separates us from God (Isaiah 59:2). When Jesus died on the cross He signed a peace treaty between us and God. Jesus’ rose victorious over sin and hell. Is your name written on God’s peace treaty?
- Jesus came to bring PURITY – Jesus came to put right what was wrong with religion. Jesus came to clean us up and transform our lives. Purity is never easy and it does not come naturally. Do you want to be the soft clay in Jesus’ hands or do you want Him to turn over the tables in your live?
- Jesus came to bring JUDGEMENT – The city and religious leaders rejected Jesus. Jesus promised judgement upon them for rejecting Him. Jesus offers each of us salvation ans a new start, but if we reject Him we will face the full consequences of our sins. Will you welcome Jesus into your life this Easter and receive free and full forgiveness and full and free new life in Jesus?