The Gospel of Luke: Jesus is for everyone – God’s kingdom is growing, but will you be part of it?
Being a Christian is never boring. God’s kingdom is always advancing and will always prevail.
- God’s kingdom is growing – tiny seeds grow into enormous plants. When Jesus spoke about His kingdom no-one had heard about Christianity and they would not have understood how big it would become.
- God’s kingdom transforms everything – yeast changes the nature of the whole batch of dough. God’s kingdom transforms everything it touches. Jesus will transform and change everything in our lives.
- God’s kingdom is universal – Jesus was saying God’s kingdom would expand into and transform the whole world.
- Will you be part of the kingdom? – The door is narrow. It is not easy to become a Christian and hard to enter into the kingdom. Jesus doesn’t want a fan club, He wants disciples – people who will deny themselves, take up their cross and follow Him. When did you last deny yourself for Jesus sake? Make every effort means to strive hard. It means to go through the pain barrier. The good news is that the door is open to all, but it does cost everything to enter.
- Don’t leave it too late – the door is not open forever. It is only open whilst you are still alive. It will only be open until Jesus returns. There will be no second chance. We must enter through Jesus and you must be born again (John 14:6; 3:16; 2 Corinthians 6:2).